Trademarks are useful tools. They help us distinguish between products, between services and sometimes between people. When we ask for a Pepsi, we know we won’t get a Coke. Similarly, when potential customers ask for a Realtor® they need to know they’re getting more than a real estate licensee – they’re getting a member of the National Association of Realtors®.
When you tell someone you’re a Realtor®, you are saying you are well informed about the real estate business, you’re a member of the largest trade association in the United States, and you subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics.
The Realtor® Organization is a three-tiered structure (local, state and national), bringing you an array of benefits from each level. When you join your local Realtor® association, you automatically become a member of the state and national associations as well. The diagram below provides an illustration of the basic (not complete) programs and services provided by the REALTOR® organization.
Your Local Board
Greater Allegheny-Kiski Area
- Enforcement of the Code of Ethics including arbitration & mediation
- Home Buyer/Home Seller Dispute Resolution
- Education, professional development & net working
- Advertising through the “Homes Digest”
- GAKARealtors.com – Membership Directory & Municipal Guide and more now online
- Saving you time everyday with quick, easy and reliable communications that help you stay on top of industry news and gain business tips
Your State Association
- Legislative and political affairs
- Convention, Trade Show and networking opportunities
- Access to standard forms through PARealtor.org
- PARJustListed.com – Electronic daily-news resource
Your National Association
- Industry Standards such as the Code of Ethics
- Public policy and legal advocacy
- Access to print & electronic information such as Realtor.org and the REALTOR® Magazine
- Saving you money on products & services with Realtor® Rewards and REALTOR® Benefits Plus
- Giving you visibility to consumers through a nationaltelevision & radio advertising campaign